Monday 19 November 2012

My Practice Magazine Cover Feedback

I got the class to fill out a sheet to tell me they're opinions of my practice magazine front cover.

Positives:

Frequent comments suggests that the original photography was good and the fact that i had a guitar made it look like it would appear on the front cover of NME magazine. Also, i have had a number of comments saying that i have used most of the codes and conventions which is good.

Improvements:

I have had comments saying that i could of used direct mode of address. Also, i could have tried to experiment with the font or researched into existing NME magazines and used the fonts they have used. I have also been told not to use page numbers as they are not used in previous NME magazines so that piece of advice should be very helpful in the future.

Self Assessment:

It was a decent attempt. Looking at the magazine, i think that the dark background, the size of the image and the lack of direct address contributes to it not looking realistic. I now realise that the font is quite basic and i personally feel that the text is a little too big and should be reduced. The photography is blurred and fails to show much of the cover star. However, the feedback from my classmates and leaving it a few days and analysing it again has helped me to see the bad points of my magazine cover a lot clearer and i'll take it all on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment